Starling Cycles Murmur 29"
Introducing the MURmur
The Starling Murmur is our brand new 29".
The Murmur is built around aggressive geometry, simple, effective suspension and 29" wheels.
With 145mm travel, 2.35" tyre clearance and an intended 66° head angle it can hammer everything from the Enduro World Series to a lap of your local trails.
The Murmur is based on the success of Starling’s original ‘Swoop’ frame. It takes the Swoop’s proven suspension design and tubeset, adapting it to create a fast, aggressive 29’er that is beautifully simple to ride and a breeze to setup and maintain. It is proudly built in steel for a fast, silent, solid ride that - many will be surprised to hear - weighs no more than a modern aluminum bike.
Like all of Starling's bikes it is hand made in the UK with options for custom geometry, build kit and paint.
The fine details
- Hand built in steel in Bristol, UK.
- 145mm rear travel.
- Built for 29" wheels.
- 2.5" tyre clearance.
- Reynolds 853/631 and Columbus Life and Zone tubing.
- Custom head tube angle, reach and seat tube length.
- Custom shock options from Fox, Rockshox and DVO.
- Custom component options available from Funn, Burgtec, Stans, Mudhugger and RyanbuildsWheels.
- Available as frame only or complete build.
- Frames from £2040.
custom build your dream bike
Every Starling is one-of-a-kind, unique and custom - built to be the dream bike for its rider. If you want a cookie-cutter template bike, look elsewhere, my bikes are built for those who want something special.
I hand build every frame in my workshop in Bristol and I offer custom head tube angle, down tube length/reach and seat tube length. I can work to your supplied angles or work with you based on my experience to match you and your riding style. No expert bike design knowledge is required on your part.
I also offer custom builds. I can provide you with a frame, a frame + shock, a rolling chassis or a complete bike.
Simply contact me for a quote and I'll work personally with you to create your dream bike.
How to order
- Contact me via my order form, supplying the required information.
- I'll provide you with a quote and take a deposit if you'd like to proceed.
- I'll work with you to choose the custom options for your frame - head angle, down tube, seat tube and colours.
- When complete, I'll take final payment and dispatch your frame, or bike, by recorded delivery.
Dirt Magazine Review December 2016
"McEwan has fashioned one hell of a bullet, created a benchmark, one of the best bikes we've ridden this year. Performance delivered, expectation raised"
Read more on Dirt Magazine here.
Singletrack First Look Nov 2016
"The Murmur does appear to have many of the right ingredients for a modern enduro bike. It just happens to be steel and handmade in the UK, which we like. A lot"
Read more on STW here.