Starling Cycles Swoop 27.5
Fast, simple, silent and steel full suspension frame for 27.5″.
✔ Hand built in Reynolds 853
✔ Available in 3 sizes
✔ 27.5″ wheels
✔ Max 170mm front, 160mm rear travel
✔ NEW: Shorter travel options available
✔ Demo rides available
✔ Available now
The Starling Swoop is the 27.5″ version of our fast, simple and silent frame design.
27.5″ wheels, simple single-pivot suspension and a beautiful to ride, hand built steel frame.
It’s the perfect tool to slay your local Enduro or mini-downhill race or just to smash your local steep-and-nasty trails.
Frames are constructed from custom butted Reynolds 853 tubing, chosen for their combination of lightweight and strength.
Tubes are combined with lasercut and machined steel parts, resulting in a frames where simplicity and a lively ‘feel’.
- Front triangle hand built in Bristol, UK
- Rear triangle hand build by ORA Engineering, Taiwan
- Maximum 160mm rear travel
- Maximum 170mm front travel
- Custom short travel options available (click here to learn more)
- 27.5″ wheels
- 2.8″ tyre clearance
- Up to 200mm rotor
- Boost rear axle spacing (but fits non-boost)
- Custom butted Reynolds 853 tubing
- Individually numbered
- Integrated seat-clamp, stainless and numbered dropper port and headtube gusset
- Custom colour options available
- Choose frame only or full builds
- Build-kits available with kit from Funn, Hope, Öhlins, RockShox, Middleburn and others
- £1770 without rear shock
- Full builds starting from £3800
- No VAT on sales outside of the EU
Geometry and specifications
The Swoop is available in three sizes – all are picked based on our experience of building custom bikes for customers. They’re designed to be stable and planted over rough terrain whilst remaining fun to ride and easy to throw around.
|Shock||230 x 65mm metric|
|Integrated Chain Device||30T-36T|
|Integrated Bash Mount||ISCG05|
|Rear Axle||148x12mm Boost|
|Max Tyre||29 x 2.5", 27.5 x 2.8"|
|Front Shock Hardware||25x8mm|
|Rear Shock Hardware||35x8mm|
|Main Pivot Bearings||6002 2RS|
|Rider size range||5'2" - 5'7"|
157cm - 170cm
|5'6" - 5'10"|
167cm - 177cm
|5'9 - 6'1"
175cm - 185cm
|Seat Tube Length||375mm||410mm||440mm|
|Head Tube Length||110mm||120mm||120mm|
|Fork Length||160mm recommended||160mm recommended||160mm recommended|
|Effective Top Tube||564mm||591mm||626mm|
|Max Seat Post Insertion||230mm||265mm||295mm|
The Starling picks up pace quick, the cornering is balanced and the grip is very impressive. The bike springs into action … with an unmistakeable trait that appears to hold the line exceptionally well.
The stability and pace carried when the trail opened up was staggering, and the traction through loose, roughed-up turns was plentiful
It’s quiet, fast and handles like a dream.