Starling Cycles Swoop Mk4 27.5"
the starling swoop
The Starling Swoop is the evolution of our original, flagship frame
The Swoop is the perfect tool to slay your local Enduro or mini-downhill race or just to smash, grinning ear-to-ear, down the steep stuff in the woods.
Mk4 of the Swoop sees the most refined version yet - developed from countless hours of testing and feedback from the mountain bike press and our test pilots.
Frames are constructed from a carefully selected combination of Reynolds 853/631 and Columbus Life and Zona tubing. Tubes are combined with lasercut and machined steel parts, resulting in a frames where simplicity and ride character are the driving design parameters.
All frames are built with custom geometry for the perfect fit. Select your head tube angle, downtube length/reach, seat tube length to your requirements. If you're not sure what you want, contact us and we can help you out.
The fine details
- Hand built in steel in Bristol, UK.
- 155mm rear travel.
- Built for 27.5" wheels.
- 2.5" tyre clearance.
- Reynolds 853/631 and Columbus Life and Zone tubing.
- Custom head tube angle, reach and seat tube length.
- Custom shock options from Fox, Rockshox and DVO.
- Custom component options available from Funn, Burgtec, Stans, Mudhugger and RyanbuildsWheels.
- Available as frame only or complete build.
- Frames from £2040.
- Bespoked 2016 Singletrack Choice Award winner.
custom build your dream bike
Every Starling is one-of-a-kind, unique and custom - built to be the dream bike for its rider. If you want a cookie-cutter template bike, look elsewhere, my bikes are built for those who want something special.
I hand build every frame in my workshop in Bristol and I offer custom head tube angle, down tube length/reach and seat tube length. I can work to your supplied angles or work with you based on my experience to match you and your riding style. No expert bike design knowledge is required on your part.
I also offer custom builds. I can provide you with a frame, a frame + shock, a rolling chassis or a complete bike.
Simply contact me for a quote and I'll work personally with you to create your dream bike.
How to order
- Contact me via my order form, supplying the required information.
- I'll provide you with a quote and take 20% deposit if you'd like to proceed.
- I'll work with you to choose the custom options for your frame - head angle, down tube, seat tube and colours.
- Your frame will be completed with 4 months of deposit.
- When complete, I'll take final payment and dispatch your frame, or bike, by recorded delivery.
EnduroMag review the Swoop Mk3
"It's fast, quiet and handles like a dream. What Joe has created in what realistically can be described as his shed is a real credit to his engineering ability."
Read more at EnduroMag here.
Wideopenmag meet the Starling Swoop Mk3
"It felt balanced and planted and performed as well as any good quality modern bike should... The reality was a lively and engaging ride with good levels of grip from the active rear end. I felt confident to push the bike harder, leaning it in, boosting lips and just having a great time."
Read more on Wideopenmag here.
Dirt Mag review the Swoop Mk3
"From the get go the Starling picks up pace quick, the cornering is balanced and the grip is very impressive. The bike springs into action ... with an unmistakeable trait that appears to hold the line exceptionally well."
Read more at DirtMag here.