Starling Cycles Postal Demos
New for 2020, we’re able to deliver Starling Cycles demo bikes to your door for you to test on your home trails.
Postal demos are open to UK customers only (for now).
Bikes are available Tuesday to Tuesday, giving you a full weekend to ride.
Wherever possible, we’ll set the bike up for rider weight, size and style before leaving Starling HQ.
Bikes are shipped using ParcelForce 48hours service.
Demos will cost £100 per bike, refundable upon purchase of a frame.
A £3500 deposit will be held for the period of the demo to be refunded on return of the bike.
Any damage to bikes beyond normal wear and tear will be taken from the deposit.
Terms and conditions of the Starling Cycles Postal Demo Programme
- A sum of £3500 will be secured, but not taken from your account before demo is sent. This will be
cancelled upon return of bikes. This is to act as security for the cost of the bike.
- Bikes will be despatched to customers on Tuesday or Wednesday (as agreed) (ParcelForce 48hr
service) to arrive Thursday or Friday.
- You must be present to receive the parcel.
- We cannot guarantee a delivery time, but your local ParcelForce may be able to advise. If you are not available
you may miss your opportunity and your demo fee will not be refunded.
- In the event ParcelForce are in error resulting in non-delivery, you will not be liable and can have your fee back.
- Weekend delivery/collection is currently not possible.
- Some postcodes are exempt from delivery, details here.
- Bikes need to be returned on (Monday or Tuesday) as agreed. Again, you must make yourself available for collection by ParcelForce.
- If the bike is not returned the security deposit will be taken from your account until it is returned.
- The fee for a demo is £100, this covers postage. In the event of a sale after a demo, this fee will be refunded.
- Please return the bike to Starling in the condition you found it; clean and in a serviceable condition.
- A fee of £20 will be taken from the security deposit to cover any cleaning costs if required.
- The security deposit will be accessed to cover the cost of any damage to the bikes; wear and tear and warranty issues excepted. The cost of repairs will be at the cost to Starling Cycles.
- You are fully responsible for the bike over the demo period. This includes theft. So please look after it like your own.
- Do not leave unattended and unlocked. Lock it up in your vehicle and house.
- You are responsible for your own safety whilst in possession of the bike.
- Always wear a helmet whilst riding, and appropriate safety gear.
- Ride within your abilities.
- Take extra care appropriate to riding an unfamiliar bike.
- Do not let any other riders other than yourself ride the bike.
- Bikes will be delivered in a large box, where only minimal assembly is required: attach wheels and bars, allen keys (4, 5, 6mm) will be required.
- Please retain the box for return journey and ensure it is packed in the same way as it was delivered, and securely closed with packing tape which will be provided in box (please post this back through hand hole).
Starling Cycles Postal Demo Programme – Available Bikes
Please contact us to confirm which bikes are currently available.
All bikes are available with coil or air forks and coil or air rear shocks.
All bikes are available with trail or enduro wheelsets.
Available options depend on availability. We’ll always do our best to send you your ideal bike.