The Starling Cycles Race Team are …
Whilst Starling isn’t a ‘racing’ brand, our roots are firmly in downhill racing. All of us here at Starling grew up on a diet of uplifts, muddy British hillsides and race days.
With racing so baked into the makeup of our brand, it was only natural that we wanted to support riders and racers.
The Starling Cycles Race Team is our way of helping out some talented individuals, spreading the word of Starling Cycles and doing real world testing on our bikes.
Since starting the team we’ve won the overall British Enduro Series, British National Enduro Champs, scored 4th place at the UCI Masters World Champs and we were 4th fastest team overall at the British National Enduro Series.
… And our riders are:
Boosted Bryn (AKA Reece Richards)
Bristol-based Boosted Bryn is our freeride superstar, riding a Starling Swoop.
Bryn will be in charge of sending massive jumps, 60-second shreddits and roudy photoshoots.
Follow on IG at @BoostedBryn
Finlay returns for his second year on the team, piloting a Starling Murmur.
Fin will race the British National Enduro Series, the EX enduro, various South West races and keep up with guiding riders throughout the UK with WildBike.
Follow on IG at Fin_stagram11
Any Excuse to Ride Norway’s Klara and Will
Will and Klara run Any Excuse to Ride Norway, a mountain bike guiding and holiday company based in Hallgingdal, Norway.
Any Excuse to Ride Norway are helping us create big mountain, adventure content and testing our bikes away from the races. They’re worth a shout if you’re looking for your dream mountain bike holiday!
Follow on IG at @_any_excuse_to_ride
Thanks to the follow companies for supporting our team:
- Ohlins Mountain Bike Suspension World class suspension
- Magura High performance mountain bike brakes
- Sprung Suspension Suspension servicing and tuning
- Ryan Builds wheels Lovingly laced, handbuilt wheels
- CushCore Revolutionary suspension for your wheels
- Middleburn Beautiful and British-made components
- Funn Components Great quality and bullet-proof components
- BikeYoke Our favourite seat posts (and more)
- MudHugger The World’s Fastest MudGuards
- The Overland Store Sustainable off-road clothing