Murmur Factory 29″
Fast, simple, silent and steel. Designed in the UK, hand built in Taiwan
Designed by Starling, hand built by ORA
✔ Hand built in Taiwan by ORA
✔ Available in 3 sizes
✔ TIG welded
✔ Demo rides available
✔ September 2019 delivery
The Starling Cycles Murmur Factory Edition is our latest 29” mountain bike frame, hand built in Reynolds 853 steel.
The Murmur Factory is built around 29” wheels with 140mm rear travel and room for disc rotors up to 200mm and 2.6” tyre clearance. It is built for metric rear shocks and 148 x 12mm Boost rear hub spacings.
The ‘Factory’ frame has been designed at home in the UK and hand built in Taiwan by ORA, one of the World’s very best steel mountain bike frame manufacturing facilities.
The move to Taiwan was a considered one. As a frame builder, aerospace engineer and designer, Joe made the decision after visiting the factory and seeing first-hand the high quality of manufacturing, work ethics and working conditions.
ORA’s factory is the perfect setup for hand-crafting the new frames with expert engineers, boasting years of experience in building top-quality mountain bikes.
THE FINE DETAILS
- Designed and tested by Starling Cycles
- Hand built in Taiwan by the experts at ORA
- Built with Reynolds 853 steel and heat treated high strength steel
- 140mm rear travel
- 29″ wheels
- Up to 2.6″ tyre clearance
- Up to 200mm rotors
- Integrated chain guide
- Integrated ISCG05 bashguard mounts
- Available in 3 sizes: Medium, Large, Extra Large
- Mid-grey with black graphics only
- Choose no shock or a rear shock from DVO or Ohlins
- Choose frame only or build-kit
- £1850 w/ DVO Topaz shock
- £2800 w/ Team Upgrade to Ohlins RFX36 coil fork, TTX Coil shock
- + £135 upgrade to Funn build kit (headset, bar, stem, saddle, grips, bash guard)
- +£165 upgrade to Magura MT Trail brakes
- + £375 upgrade to Hope Fortus wheels
- Ask us for custom builds or different shock options – Price on request
- Reduced price for sales outside of EU.
Shop, distributor or group of riders? Contact us to discuss batch orders.
Geometry and specifications
The Murmur Factory is available in three sizes – all are picked based on our experience of building custom bikes for customers. They’re designed to be stable and planted over rough terrain whilst remaining fun to ride and easy to throw around.
Un-confusing, simple, well made, unique, fun to ride, at a great price and fast. McEwan has fashioned one hell of a bullet, created a benchmark, one of the best bikes we’ve ridden this year. Performance delivered, expectation raised.
The ride quality offered by the steel tubing gives exceptional grip and a comfortable ride… the Murmur can be a seriously fast and capable bike.
The comfortable speed it offers compared to most bikes is phenomenal but it has one extra attribute which many other “so called” enduro bikes don’t possess; the Murmur would not be too out of sorts if spending the day on the gnarliest of DH tracks!
The frame is a beautifully embellished work of art… The super-low 330mm BB height combined with subtle lengthways twist in the frame keeps the rear wheel glued to the ground and the bike feeling amazingly calm as you barrel through rocks